More favorite songs. I like marches and upbeat classicaly stuff. I think most everybody has heard these. Many are by John Williams. If that makes me a musical lightweight, so be it.
- The Imperial March (from The Empire Strikes Back)
- Or, as I like to think of it, the Dick Cheney theme song.
- Olympic Fanfare
- Everybody knows this. I've never been very interested in athletics but you have to like the music.
- March from 1941
- "1941" was nobody's favorite movie, but John Williams' score is worth remembering. The weird triplets seem appropriate for a comedy.
- 1812 Overture
- Another one everybody knows. We actually talked about this in English class in high school, and learned the sources of some of the various themes that make it up. Of course, I can't remember any of it now. To me what it calls up is the memory of traveling to Arizona from California when I was much younger. We had two 8-track tapes with us, the 1812 Overture/Polovetsian Dances and the Grand Canyon Suite, and we listened to them over and over.